BILDER IS SOLD OUT
We can send you a DIY (Do It Yourself):
- 50 how and 120 what cards (PDF)
- Rules (PDF)
- lasercut file to create 54 components (DXF) *optional
HOW TO PLAY?
1. THE CARDS
WHAT cards give show 2 topics,
choose the one you want to bild
HOW cards change the rules,
take ’em or leave ’em
2. THE PIECES
Use our handcrafted selection, nice and varied, beautifully consistent, specially designed and playtested to bild anything as fast and efficiently as possible.
3. THE GAME
Each turn, one player is the bilder. They draw a WHAT card and choose a topic. The bilder may use all the pieces in the box, stack them, move them around, but has to bild in total silence. No talking, singing, sound effects, not a peep. Whoever guesses the topic, earns the WHAT card.
To make guessing a bit easier, the bilder reveals the category on their WHAT card before bilding
- Beings: people, animals, real or fictional
- Imagined: fictional things
- Locations: places or settings
- Devices: inanimate things
- Events: historical or everyday occurences
- Rest: anything outside the other categories
The Bilder can earn a card during their turn by picking 1 of the 3 revealed HOW cards (replenish every turn) that make bilding extra challenging. The bilder may choose to play without a HOW card, but then they won’t be scoring a card this turn. Their loss.
4. LET’S PLAY BILDER
* made using an early Bilder prototype. Does not represent what the actual game looks like. The final product looks way better!
5. END OF THE GAME
As soon as any player can spell out B-I-L-D-E-R with earned cards, the game ends. Each card is counted as a victory point, +3 points for the player who ended the game. Most points win!
WHAT MAKES IT SO SPECIAL?
- Make it your own: choose your components, and combine them any way you’d like to bild unique structures and scenes
- Endless possibilities: literally
- Baffling: get a glimpse of your friends’ bewildering minds as they get creative
- Striking design: our resident artist Steven Derthoo has outdone himself, again!
- Different each round: thanks to the HOW cards, every round in Bilder is a little different